Cosmic’s vision is to inspire people to achieve success in the Digital world. Digital inclusion is at the heart of all we do.
In a world where success relies on the ability to use digital technologies effectively, it is increasingly important that everyone has the support, skills and motivation to make the most of these resources.
Cosmic provides an innovative range of services and support to help people identify their Digital need and to progress with their ambitions. We do this in a uniquely kind, friendly and inspiring way.
We are a social enterprise, providing IT support services, website design and digital skills training for over 23 years. We work in partnership with organisations locally in the South West, particularly charities, schools, community groups and local businesses.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Trainee/Level 1 IT technician to join our busy team.
If you are the ideal candidate:
- You will possess a positive attitude with the desire to learn and progress. You will have the ability to think around problems and have excellent attention to detail.
- You will be a proactive thinker with excellent customer service and the ability to work well under pressure.
- You will be able to adapt well to change and be comfortable working on a wide range of technical tasks, including: remotely diagnosing and resolving day to day technical queries and providing technical advice and guidance to our clients.
- You will ideally have broad range of technical skills with the ability to diagnose issues surrounding connectivity, networks, hardware and cloud-based solutions.
- Salary: circa £16,000
- Term: Full time, Permanent
- Based: Cosmic Head Office in Honiton, East Devon
- Healthcare plan after 3 month probationary period
- Closing Date: Midnight 12th September
- Interviews will take place week commencing 16th September
What will you be doing?
- Answer and log calls and email requests from our broad client base during core business hours 9am – 5pm.
- Provide 1st line technical support to clients, remotely and on-site as required; from password reset activities to software installation via remote take-over
- Provide general maintenance and repair of clients’ IT equipment
- Support clients in their use of new equipment over the phone
- Ensure client anti -virus software is kept up-to-date
- Champion IT Security best practice with clients
- Maintain and administer a variety of cloud-based SaaS platforms such as MS Office 365 and G-Suite
- Perform and maintain client back-ups
What we are looking for:
- Someone with a broad range of technical understanding and the desire to learn more
- An individual that has the ability to trouble-shoot and repair a variety of IT equipment and problems
- Confidence in the use of new hardware and software
- Strong customer service skills and a confident communicator
- Full UK Driving license would be a benefit, but not essential
If you think that you are the person that we are looking for, then please get in touch with a cover letter and CV.