Cosmic is a multi-award-winning Digital Consultancy and social enterprise. Our vision is to inspire people to achieve success in a digital world. We provide a number of services that support individuals, businesses and organisations with their technical needs. These services include website design, IT tech support, digital skills training and executive consultancy.
We're now recruiting a Junior Web Developer to join our Web Design and Development team. The team have built and manage hundreds of websites, working with a broad range of clients. As a social enterprise, we like to support organisations that align with our vision and values. Our website development customers are often from the South West region, representing charities, local businesses, regional organisations and public bodies. The customer service and support that we offer stands us apart from our competitors.
This is a unique opportunity for a bright, ambitious and hardworking individual.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the creation of websites and updating existing web applications using scripting languages. Working under the supervision of senior colleagues, assisting with coding, testing, design adjustments and client reviews.
The role will involve managing, maintaining and iterating on our portfolio of sites we have developed and continue to support. This includes security updates, general maintenance of code and developing new features from client requests. The role will include some client communication in order to keep clients informed of your progress as well as handling client feedback and support. The role will also necessitate providing estimates for tasks and timescales to front line support colleagues.
Key Result Areas:
- Maintaining our excellent customer satisfaction record
- Delivering on time and to budget
- Excellent organisational skills
- Output clean, commented, and team-friendly code
- An ability to work autonomously and manage your workload and deadlines effectively
- A readiness to embrace and use new approaches and to keep up-to-date with industry advances
- Ability to work remotely (at home) and occasionally on-site at our office in East Devon
- To support and perform updates to websites for clients, including continuous improvements to the web services and programming activities, including CMS, e-commerce and other programmed systems
- To liaise with the rest of the Web Team regarding website updates and to conduct regular project and work-flow reviews to ensure high quality standards are achieved.
- To ensure accurate records are kept for each piece of work, including the amount of time being spent, and regular liaison with clients to ensure expectations are being met.
- To continually research development issues specific to web services including new programming developments, open source, e-commerce, and usability/accessibility
- To support other staff members, volunteers, & trainees in use of web programming and associated developments
- To deal with all information and communications in a confidential manner
- To uphold the values and ethos of Cosmic
- Other duties as required in line with the responsibilities of this post.
Find out more about who we are looking for by reading the Person Specification here.