This role is part of our ongoing relationship with Abri Housing Association, providing digital skills support and training to their customers (residents). It is an autonomous role sitting within the Abri group, with strong ties and support from the Cosmic team. You will be part of the Cosmic training team in an outreach role seconded to Abri.
The successful applicant will deliver a wide range of digital training events, workshops, courses and programmes in groups and one-to-one sessions, aimed at developing motivation and support for Abri’s clients who are seeking a new role or employment for the first time.
The role supports the existing work of the Abri employment support service, working very closely with their team, complementing their work with customers.
You will motivate customers to make the transition to employment and provide them with the relevant skills for work as per the Essential Digital Skills Framework and other digital literacy frameworks.
You will be involved in promoting sessions, preparing training materials, creating content, delivering training, reporting, monitoring and evaluating sessions delivered.
Key Result Areas:
- To deliver digital training programmes of learning and support online, in-house and at a variety of venues and locations in South Somerset.
- To map the Essential Digital Skills Framework to a work-readiness programme.
- To recruit and register participants onto the training programmes.
- To motivate, train and mentor customers throughout their digital learning with a focus on high quality customer experience.
- To provide administrative support, particularly in compiling and analysis of records and evaluation of learning experience.
- To manage the programme with Abri and Cosmic, to act as the key conduit between the two organisations and to be responsible for project outputs and quality.
- To help recruit learners and mentees onto programmes and ensure effective registration of participant information and entry into company databases.
- To provide one-to-one sessions and group workshops to learners and mentees in the use of digital tools and techniques.
- To administer records and evaluate outcomes to ensure successful delivery. To maintain records on the Cosmic CRM systems and provide effective reports and recommendations as required.
- To balance the relationship with Abri Partners as colleagues and commissioners, and to be part of the Cosmic team for day-to-day support and learning.
- To use social media, multimedia and online communities and tools to effectively promote the programme and its services, products and projects.
- To design, develop and create new workshops for employability as needed in line with client feedback and identified market demands.
- To be confident user of digital tools, in particular Microsoft 365, Google Workspace and to be confident to develop new skills in digital workplace.
- To be a good listener, approachable, patient, clear with good presentation skills, and to excel in all communications – phone, email and in person.
- To uphold the values and ethos of Cosmic and carry out duties as required in line with the responsibilities of this post.
To find out more, or to apply, please email email@example.com with: A cover Letter and your CV.