Cosmic, the award-winning digital consultancy & social enterprise, are seeking a new Finance Assistant within the Building Better Opportunities contracts to support the organisation’s Positive People team.
Cosmic’s vision is to inspire people to achieve success in the Digital world. Digital inclusion is at the heart of all we do.
In a world where success relies on the ability to use digital technologies effectively, it is increasingly important that everyone has the support, skills and motivation to make the most of these resources.
We are a social enterprise, providing IT support services, website design and digital skills training for 25 years. We do this in a uniquely kind, friendly and inspiring way. We work in partnership with organisations locally in the South West, particularly charities, schools, community groups. Local Authorities and local businesses of all sizes.
We're looking for a talented and experienced individual responsible for supporting and assisting the Finance Coordinator with procedures, controls and reporting within the Building Better Opportunities contracts.
1. Provide effective finance and administrative support to the Digital Positive People team.
2. Support and follow procedures for reporting of EU finances.
3. Support Finance Coordinator in completion and submission of claims within required timelines monthly and quarterly.
4. Assist with monthly report recording and reconciling monthly Cosmic expenditure in Xero.
5. Responsible for ensuring that timesheets are prepared for Cosmic staff working on the projects, and ensuring they are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
6. Support Finance Coordinator in maintaining organised records of finance documentation for audit purposes.
7. Assist the Finance Coordinator in maintaining a good working relationship with project partners and SeeTec finance team.
8. Attending finance meetings when required in support of the Finance Coordinator.
9. Answers phone calls and transfers them as necessary.
10. Assisting in expense claims, purchase orders, invoicing and the preparation of ad hoc financial information and reports.
11. Be secondary point of contact for Cosmic when communicating to Partners regarding any financial issues / questions.
12. Provision of information, support and advice to Finance Coordinator and Project Manager to assist in the budget setting process.
13. Monitor and advise on any changes or updates to guidance on EU funding.
14. To uphold the values and ethos of Cosmic.
15. Other duties as required in line with the responsibilities of this post.
16. Uphold safeguard and promote the organisations values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, integrity, corporate, social responsibility, equal opportunities and diversity as referenced in the company policy and values standards.
17. Uphold and comply with Data Protection and confidentiality standards.
Key Result Areas:
- To follow the financial procedures and processes in place to ensure accurate completion of all EU financial information.
- To support and understand the financial reporting for the Positive People projects
- To assist in completing all financial information to a high standard
- To assist in producing monthly reports with regards to EU project finances
- To liaise directly with lead financer with regards any finance issues
Who are we looking for?
Cosmic is a values driven organisation. The team are passionate about helping people; and there is a strong focus on team work and wellbeing. In addition to these attributes, we are looking for someone with:
- Strong IT skills, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally work experience as an Administrator, finance assistant, or a similar role
- Maths GCSE grade C or above, or equivalent experience, and ideally AA1 level 1 and/or 2.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work independently and be part of a team
- Ability to grasp issues quickly and make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to work within set guidelines, comprehend and apply rules
- Ability to be flexible, pro-active, confident, and solutions focused.
- An ability to remain calm under extreme pressure towards monthly deadlines, and to have excellent attention to detail.
Other relevant factors
Commitment to develop and implement equal opportunities policy and anti-discriminatory practices in employment and service delivery
- Ability to work within Corporate Policy, Procedures, and Health & Safety legislation
- Commitment to the Company’s safeguarding protocols
- Eligible to Work in UK status
This is a flexible role, with a combination of home and office working. 20 hours per week, to be worked Monday-Friday.
Closing date for applications is Friday 14th May 2022. This is a fixed term contract until June 2023, with the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
Actual salary will be a pro rata value based on a part time role.
Term: Part time - estimated as 20 weeks. Permanent. (A full time position may be considered).
Office: Cosmic Head Office is located in Honiton, East Devon.
Healthcare plan and benefits package after 3-month probationary period.
If you think that you are the person that we are looking for, then please get in touch with a full cover letter and a CV telling us about your experiences and what you can bring to this role.