SAY CHEESE: How to create photos and video on your smartphone
Photography and Vlogging for the tourism Industry
We know that a picture tells a thousand words, and we also know that when people book a trip away or a day out the first place they look is online, so to get your place snapped up then let's look at creating some top photographs and videos with your smart phone. You might not know where to start with creating videos or maybe going live on your facebook page, we will guide you through this process so you come away feeling confident in developing your visual marketing strategy.
Firstly I will teach you how to create a collection of photographs to use on a day to day basis in your digital marketing activity. I will guide you to visually stand out online, help you look at your photography narrative, discuss planning your photography, set up techniques, Styling, locations lighting and how to take a better photograph using just your smart phone.
We will then look at creating video using your smart phone, editing it and broadcasting your video online. I will take you step by step through an interactive workshop, which by the end of it you will have a piece of video ready to use on YouTube.
We will explore social media platforms that work well for video and photography, we will discuss the use of SEO, key words and sizing which will amplify your overall marketing offer.
You will need access to a smart phone to complete this workshop.
Other workshop dates / times:
• Session 2 - LOST AND FOUND, How to get noticed on Google: Wednesday 21st April 1:00pm-4:00pm - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/141947413535
• Session 3 - CHA CHING, How to make money on social media: Thursday 22nd April 9:30am-12:30pm - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/141947672309
• Session 4 - FIVE STARS. How to get more bookings from word of mouth: Thursday 29th April 1:00pm-4:00pm - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/141947880933
• Session 5 - ANALYSE THIS, How to use insights to boost sales: Thursday 6th May 1:00pm-4:00pm - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/141948141713
• Session 6 - WORD UP, How to write great copy: Wednesday 12th May 1:00pm-4:00pm - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/141948358361
Sign up to all that would benefit your business
As well as the workshops you will be entitled to up 4 hours’ worth of free 1:1 digital support. You will be assigned a trainer who will take you through a digital diagnostic survey, which will result in an action plan being produced specifically for your business, allowing you to implement changes that are relevant to you.
This workshop is being delivered in partnership with Bideford Bay, Chamber of Commerce , Barnstaple & District, Chamber of Commerce, Digital ND and South Molton Business Association to support businesses in this region.
This course is part of Digital Advantage, a programme of free business support and training, delivered by Cosmic, in partnership with Devon County Council, European Regional Development Fund and Her Majesty’s Government.
Businesses must meet eligibility criteria to be able to receive support and attend events as part of this funded project. Beneficiaries must be from SMEs (meeting EU definitions), and live or work within the project area of North Devon, West Devon, Torridge and parts of Mid Devon.