- The role of a Digital Skills Advisor is To provide support for the training team in preparation, delivery and monitoring of training events including preparation and supporting delivery of specific training content. (E.g. technical, social, video)
- Keeping accurate training records and databases and the collation and maintenance of training feedback and evaluation records.
- To maintain top quality training materials, content for presentations, monitoring and evaluation forms.
- Assisting with the delivery of training sessions, events and workshops.
- To attend networks and events to promote the training service and projects, and to provide direct engagement with the clients.
- Delivering top quality customer service to current, potential clients and partners.
- To liaise with the training team and support as necessary.
I recently joined Cosmic on the Positive People programme in the position of ‘Assistant Digital Skills Advisor’.
This is a position unlike any role I have undertaken before, requiring much adjustment to my current skill set and rapid acquisition of knowledge to allow me to perform as an effective member of the PPDevon Team.
Before starting at Cosmic, I played local gigs as a solo guitarist or lead as part of a band. This allowed me to get involved in the ‘Join the Jam’ soft skill workshop, demonstrating to participants how to learn either the guitar or bass through the ‘Rocksmith’ PlayStation game. A workshop which was a resounding success based upon participant feedback.
Upon starting at Cosmic, I was provided with a 3 week long induction plan to get myself settled-in and familiar with the way Cosmic runs. Day 1 was filled with back to back meetings with a member from each area of cosmic within the East Devon Business Centre. The week commencing saw me shadowing other trainers, aiding in the delivery of 1:1s, helping during drop-in sessions and learning about my new responsibilities as a trainer.
Week 2 saw me attend a 2 day long Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training course (ASIST). 16 hours of suicide first aid training should I ever need it during my commencing position, involving occasional close proximity with vulnerable adults.
After completing my first month at cosmic, I can say I am very happy in my position and come the New year when I receive my first case-load of participants, I feel confident in my role going forward as an assistant digital skills advisor.
You can read the original blog post on the Positive People website here.