This is a new, challenging role within the Positive People project team. We are looking for someone who is intrigued by technology and understand how digital can enhance an individual’s life, as well as supporting them through a number of other barriers they might be facing.
We are looking for someone who is an inspirational, highly motivated individual with a passion for making a difference. You will be working with a number people who may have multiple and complex needs e.g. health and disability and have the ability to understand, motivate and support individuals to progress and attain sustainable employment.
As part of this role you will also be required to line manage a small team consisting of one digital trainer and one digital training assistant. We have two roles available in each covering a different locality: Plymouth, Torbay, Exeter and South Hams or North Devon and all other aspects of Devon.
This role will require you to adopt a transformational change approach with a caseload of customers using a variety of coaching strategies. You will help customers address their barriers to employment and achieve delivery targets by identifying employment opportunities.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, organisational skills and experience in negotiation to achieve the right results for your customers. Experience with working with a wide range of employers, skills providers and health providers will be an advantage.
You will be part of a dedicated team that provides a high-quality service. Cosmic is known for its strong values and friendly approach and we are committed to valuing and supporting our employees and local community.
- Salary: circa £27,000
- Term: Fixed term contract to December 31st 2019
- Based: Various locations around Devon, Torbay and Plymouth
- Healthcare plan after 3-month probationary period
- Closing Date: 12th February 2018
- Interviews will likely take place w/c 21st or 26th February 2018
What will you be doing?
- Line managing a team of two members of staff
- Manage a personal caseload of participants, being the single point of contact and supporting individuals to overcome a number of barriers.
- Regularly review participant progress using distance travelled measures and ensure action plans are reviewed and developed.
- Oversee our digital training plan.
- Support in the delivery of 1:1 digital support to participants.
- Develop and maintain good relations with partners and local external stakeholders
What we are looking for:
- Someone who has a clear understanding of how digital can enhance individuals live
- A problem solving individual able to work autonomously.
- Has resilience when working with people in challenging circumstances
- Strong communication skills and confidence in relaying ideas to others.
This role is jointly funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund. To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to complete the attached application form and send to email@example.com.
Deadline 13th February 2018.